When you try to start theRemoteProcedureCall service manually, the
service does not start. You may receive an error message that is
similar to the following:
Could not start theRemoteProcedureCall (RPC) Service. Error 1058:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or
because it has no enabled devices associated with it.
This behavior may occur if theRemoteProcedureCall service is
disabled for the hardware profile that you are currently using.
1. Restart your computer by using the Safe Mode startup option. To
do this, follow these steps:
1. Restart your computer, and when the Boot menu appears, press F8.
2. Under Windows Advanced Options Menu, select Safe Mode, and
then press ENTER.
3. When the Boot menu appears again with the words "Safe Mode"
displayed at the bottom of the menu, select the operating system that
you want to start, and then press ENTER.
2. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. In the left pane, locate and then click the following registry
4. On the File menu, click Export.
5. In the File name box, type a name for the registry file.
6. In the Save in list, click the location where you want to save
the registry file, and then click Save.
7. Right-click LEGACY_RPCSS, click Delete, and in the Confirm Key
Delete dialog box, click Yes.
Note Do not delete any one of the following subkeys that may be
found under the ROOT subkey:
8. Exit Registry Editor.
9. Restart your computer by using the Restart Windows Normally