When you open the Administrative Tools folder in the Start Menu, the shortcuts in the folder may be missing.
This happens due to one of these reasons:
- The Administrative Tools shell folder path is incorrectly set.
- The Administrative Tools shortcuts are deleted accidentally.
For windows XP
- Start Regedit.exe and navigate to the following locations one by one:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion\Explorer \ User Shell Folders-and-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Shell Folders
- Delete the value named Common Administrative Tools (if present).
- Close Regedit.exe and restart Windows.
Use this tool to fix the problem:
Download LInk: http://www.mediafire.com/?k22ftvywqzz
For Windows Vista
Download the utility