- Boot Disk Mirroring Using Solaris Volume Manager Software
- Recovering a Bad Sector Disk on the Solaris 9 OS
- Changing Hostname on RHEL
Posted: 05 Dec 2010 12:27 AM PST
Posted: 05 Dec 2010 12:15 AM PST
Posted: 05 Dec 2010 12:08 AM PST
1. Change the ^HOSTNAME line in /etc/sysconfig/network2. Change the hostname (FQDN and alias) in /etc/hosts
3. Run /bin/hostname new_hostname for the hostname change to take effect immediately.
4. Run /sbin/service syslog restart for syslog to log using the new hostname.
A reboot is not required to change the system hostname.
|You are subscribed to email updates from Vision |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610|