STEP 1. In the paper feed area
Occasionally, paper can be jammed during a print job. Some of causes include:
• The tray is overfilled.
• The front cover has been opened during a print job.
• Paper that does not meet paper specifications has been used.
• Paper that is outside of the supported size range has been used.
If a paper jam occurs, the On Line/Error LED on the control panel lights red.
Find and remove the jammed paper. If it is invisible, look inside the printer.
1. In The Paper Feed Area
1) Remove any misfeed paper by pulling it out by the visible edge from the tray. Make sure that all of the paper is properly aligned in the tray.
2) Open and close the front or top cover to resume printing the document from failed pages.
STEP 2. Around the toner cartridge
2. Around The Toner Cartridge
1) Open the front cover.
2) Pull the toner cartridge out, and remove it from the printer.
3) If necessary, pull the manual tray out.
4) Gently pull the paper toward you.
5) Check that there is no other paper in the printer.
6) If necessary, push the manual tray back into the machine.
7) Reinstall the toner cartridge, and close the front cover. Your printer resumes printing the document from failed pages.
STEP 3. In the paper exit area
3. In The Paper Exit Area
Note: Paper jams in this area may result in loose toner on the page. If you get any toner on your clothes, wash them in cold water as hot water will set the toner into the fabric.
1) If the paper jams as it exits to the output tray and a long portion of the paper is visible, pull the paper straight out.
When you pull the jammed paper, if there is resistance and the paper does not move immediately, stop pulling. Continue with the next step.
2) Open the top cover and the inner cover.
• When removing the jammed paper, be careful not to touch the heat roller (located underneath the inner cover.) It is hot and could cause burns!
• The top and inner cover themselves may also be hot due to the heat roller. Allow the printer to cool before opening the covers.
3) Loosen the paper if it is caught in the heat rollers. Then pull the paper gently out.
4) Close the inner cover and the top cover. Printing resumes automatically.Note: Failed pages will not reprint. Try printing the pages