Outlook Express requires a word processing or stand alone spell checking application installed before spell checking can be enabled.
Problem area: Outlook Express Spellchecking is not functional after installing an enabling application (i.e. Office, Word, Works Suite that includes Word, etc.), try the steps below.
!!!When tweaking your system files and/or registry, always set a new restore point before making changes.
To follow the the steps below, you need to change the default Windows setting for Hidden Files and Folders.
* From the Explorer Menu bar Tools>Folder Options> View Tab or
* by going to Start> Control Panel> Folder Options> View Tab.
* Uncheck the boxes that hide files. Click for Example
1. Open Explorer> Go to [Drive XP is installed]:\|Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof
2. Delete CSAPI3T1.DLL (If not found continue to next step)
3. Put in the Windows XP CD
4. Go to Start>Run
5. In the Open box type msconfig and then click OK
6. Click on the "Expand File" button located in the bottom right corner of the System Configuration Utility
7. In the "File to Restore" box, type in CSAPI3T1.DLL
8. In the "Restore From" box type in there "?:\i386 \CSAPI3T1.DL_" without the quotes and substituting your cd-rom drive letter in place of the ?
9. In the "Save file in" box type "[Drive XP is installed]:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof" without the quotes
10. Click on the Expand button
If you have trouble expanding the file.
Download it from HERE
11. Go back to C:\Program File\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof
12. Rename CSAPI3T1.DL_ to CSAPI3T1.DLL (I was told to do in lower case but everything else was in upper case-it didn't matter which way I did it still worked)
13. Go into Outlook Express, open Tools - Options and then go to the Spelling tab. Put a check mark in "Always check spelling before sending."
14. Feedback from sources that have tried the fix suggest you may need to reboot the computer to complete the fix.
15. Test by creating a new e-mail message sent to yourself and spel sume wirds incorrektly
Procedure to clearing the ConfigMgr (SCCM) client local cache (CCM cache) -Resolving Disk space isssue
Essentially the client cache is a temporary download location for software, applications and software updates that are deployed to a clie...
Windows Cannot Set a Default Printer Release Windows 2000,Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 Problem When we try to se...
Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion" Release: Windows XP. ...
Release Trend Micro Office Scan Problem To Uninstall Trend Micro Office Scan without the password Solution Method 1: ...