Most of us have the issue that Option to display hidden files and folders disappears.and menu link “Folder Options…” from Tools menu disappears.
This is usually due to changes in the register caused by a virus or malicious software on your system. (If you think your PC is infected, better make a scan) then proceed to the steps.
To find these options, simply do this:
* Click on Start menu, then click Run (or Windows key + R).
* Type cmd, a command prompt window (DOS) will open.
* Type regsvr32 /i browseui.dll then press the Enter key, wait for a confirmation window.
* Type regsvr32 /i shell32.dll then press the Enter key, wait for a confirmation window.
* Close the command prompt.
Now check, The option to display hidden files and folders should be now available.